Since beginning my diet I have been choosing healthier snacks. One of my favorites is almonds. Almonds are a very nutritious nut. Did you know that regular consumption of almonds helps to increase the level of high density lipoproteins (HDL) and reduce the level of low density lipoproteins (LDL), thereby effectively controlling cholesterol levels?
Though I love my almonds, old habits die hard and my sweet tooth often craves something a little sweeter. I found that great balance between healthy and delicious with a hint of sweetness! They are delectable little treats called Almondina.
Almondina cookies are crunchy cookies that are surprisingly low in the calorie department. They are thin, crispy, with almonds, fruit, seeds, and/or spices (depending on the variety).
I had the pleasure of trying some of Almondina’s cookies
- The Original – this went great with Earl Grey tea
- Sesame – The seeds gave this an exotic crunchy taste
- Choconut – Not a sweet chocolate flavoring, I would say this was semi sweet.
- Chocolate Cherry – Almonds, Chocolate and Cherries. The cherries added a very nice flavoring
- Cinnaroma – My favorite..cinnamon and raisins..bites of heaven..so good!
- Gingerspice – Great fall flavoring and nice cookie
I Love love these cookies! They are crunchy with the almonds, and the fruit adds a chewiness. The kids love them too!
You can find Almondina at Fairway, Publix, Hy Vee, Giant Eagle, Brookshire, Mollie Stone’s, Hannaford, Jewel, Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, Walmart, Trader Joe’s, Cost Plus World Market, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and many others. You can see our complete distribution @ www.almondina.com store finder
Connect with Almodina via website | Facebook | Twitter!
One Tales from Tammylyne reader will win the same sampler pack that I recieved.